The Huddle House restaurant site selection criteria are informed by decades of experience in the industry – we know what works and what doesn’t regarding choosing the perfect location for your new restaurant. When you begin the process of opening a new franchise, we’ll take a number of factors into account to help you find the right space. Learn about a few of those factors here.
Typically, Huddle House restaurants have thrived in small towns – even towns so small, our competitors won’t operate there. With that said, we’ve also opened successful locations in more suburban areas. So population size isn’t necessarily part of our restaurant site selection criteria, but we do look at other demographic indicators.
- Are there high school sports teams in the area? Our restaurant was founded to give them a place to huddle up before and after games.
- Is there a major highway nearby? Travelers are some of our best customers.
- Are local church and community groups in the vicinity? They enjoy gathering for coffee and pancakes at Huddle Houses throughout the U.S.
The answers to these questions can help us determine if there’s a strong demand for Huddle House in the area.
Real Estate Costs
You don’t want real estate costs to eat into your profits, so you’ll need to find your location for the right price. Our real estate team works to point our franchisees towards leases that are within their budget. Alternatively, many franchisees opt to purchase land or build their new locations on land they already own. While this requires a more sizable up-front investment than a lease, it has the potential to save you money over time while also allowing you to create a brand-new space to your specifications.
Ultimately, the franchise concept you’re interested in can determine the location you choose. There are several different models of Huddle House restaurants to choose from, and each of them has unique benefits. We have specific restaurant site selection criteria for each.
- Freestanding restaurants: You can open a freestanding restaurant in any centrally-located space that meets the right criteria.
- Travel Stops & Convenience Stores: These are huge draws to truck drivers and motorists, and Huddle House restaurants fit right in. Our low prices and speedy service make us a significant competitor against fast food restaurants on the road.
- Hotels: Many hotels have their own in-house restaurants, and converting one to a Huddle House franchise is a great way to draw in more business. Our franchises also have favorable potential when opened adjacent to hotels.
Want to learn more about our restaurant site selection criteria? Contact us today!